- Proper lighting: the right lighting will instantly make your visitors more welcome and happy. Guests come to the Caribbean for sun, dark spaces won’t attract them and it will influence their decision to rent or buy your home. Concentrate on living room, kitchen, bedrooms and bathrooms and make your new fixtures a design element, combined with nice table lamps.
- Upgrade your kitchen: make sure your pots and pans are in good condition and your appliances don’t look old and rusty. If you can’t invest in new countertops, at least make sure to have good appliances. Stainless steel is best and goes with any later renovation you might think of. Above all: make it clean and grease free. Although we all have staff to cook, it still must be an area that appeals to you to make that exceptional home cooked meal.
- Makeover your bedrooms: your guests will love comfortable mattresses and nice bedsheets, fluffy pillows, and curtains that block out the tropical sun early in the morning. Get inspiration from surfing high end hotel websites if you are not sure about the style you want to go with.
- Uplift your bathrooms: make sure your bathrooms have proper lighting, ensure that fixtures are shiny and the water pressure is adequate. Some fragrant soaps, high quality towels, and a make-up mirror will be highly appreciated.
- Comfortable outside furniture: in our tropical climate, your guests are spending most of the day outside, so it makes sense to have comfortable pool loungers with clean cushions. Make sure you have umbrellas or shaded places for those who want to be out of the sun. A basket with clean and high quality pool towels will make the tropical experience complete.
Also make sure you palm trees are cleaned and nobody gets hurt from a falling coconut.